Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We Be Racin'

Yesterday I hung my latest race bib and my 2nd place medal on my wall, and it felt good. It felt even better when I counted up the race bibs and realized I've already completed 10 of my 15 races in 2015 goal - and it's not even June. And that's with a month long running hiatus.

On Saturday I ran the BFD Catfish Crawl 5k. Last year I placed 1st in my age group with a 27:54 finish and some seriously gorgeous breezy and cool weather. This year I shaved over a minute and a half off that time with a 26:14 finish and 2nd in my age group despite moving up to run with the fasty 35-39'ers and some horribly humid and hot weather. So glad the BAF's Mitzi, Robin and Tonya (aka Bret Michaels) were there to push me to finish strong and I congratulate them for placing in their age groups also.




Today I registered for the Army Ten Miler in Washington, DC which I will run for the second time. I loved this race last year and can't wait to repeat it - this time with tunes! I'm also excited to know that (baring some unforeseen circumstances) I've got the rest of my goal races scheduled for the year - Peachtree Road Race on July 4th, the Army Ten Miler on Oct. 11th, the Rock 'n Roll Savannah half marathon on November 7th and the RnR 5k on November 8th, and while not yet registered - the Red Nose Run in December where I PR'd last year. And I'm still looking for a good September race to complete too.

On a related note, July 30th is my 2 year BAF anniversary. I've set some personal fitness goals in addition to running that I hope to achieve and ask for all my friends to keep me accountable on these goals also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment